The Croc Man
- "Killer Croc is what they called me! But some day, some day I knew they'd call me king!"
- ―Waylon Jones
Killer Croc, also known as Waylon Jones, was a high profile criminal and one of Batman's most challenging adversaries. Croc was best known for his reptilian appearance due to his medical condition, which slowly transforms him into an anthropomorphic reptile.
Waylon Jones was born in a slum in Tampa, Florida. He was born with a medical condition that caused him to grow progressively more like a crocodile, hence his name. His mother died in childbirth, and his father abandoned him. Waylon was raised by his aunt, but her persistent drinking prevented him from growing up in an ideal household. As a teenager, Croc had no friends, and was the object of ridicule of those who knew him. By the time he reached adulthood, Waylon found work wrestling alligators as part of sideshow carnivals, where he earned the name "Killer Croc". Croc soon realized that there was more money to be made in crime, so he set out to become Gotham's most powerful underground figure. For this purpose, Croc first murdered Squid, an uprising crimelord and then he attempted to seize control of the Tobacconists' Club. His criminal activities made him a target of Gotham's vigilante Batman.
Personality and traitsEdit
- "They're the monsters... not me... ...put me back... "
- ―Waylon Jones
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
- Regressive Atavism: Killer Croc was afflicted with what seems to be some form of regressive atavism, meaning he had inherited some of the traits of ancestral species of the human race. Over time the primal reptilian part of his brain gains more control of his psyche.
- Regenerative Healing Factor: He had superhuman regenerative powers, able to heal even lost limbs.
- Armored Skin: His skin had hardened to the point where it was invulnerable to most forms of abrasion and even high caliber weapons fired from a distance.
Superhuman Strength: He had grown so physically powerful and quick over the years that Batman has had to resort to planting explosive devices on Croc's chest to knock him unconscious. He has also been able to rip a large bank vault door right off its hinges with ease.
- Superhuman Speed
- Enhanced Senses
- Wrestling: Croc had some experience at street fighting and wrestling, but he was nowhere near as proficient as Batman or Nightwing.
- Swimming: Croc was an expert swimmer and could hold his breath far longer than normal humans.