Wade Winston Wilson
November 22, 1965
Nathaniel Wilson (grandfather)
- "Don't you ninja monks ever shower? I mean, what are you...french?"
Wade Wilson was born on November 22, 1965 in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. As a child, Wade was raised by his mother and uncle, after his father left when Wade was an infant. At the age of seventeen, his mother died from cancer, and his uncle was killed by a drunken friend. Wade then joined The Canadian Special Forces, however, his tenure with them ended after he was kicked out for disobeying orders.
After being kicked out of the military, Wade became a mercenary and quickly developed a formidable reputation. It was at this time, that he was approached by his father, Colonel Slade Wilson, looking to recruit him into a Canadian Government Project called, Weapon X.
Powers and Abilities
Regenerative Healing Factor: Deadpool possesses a superhuman healing factor that allows him to regenerate damaged or destroyed bodily tissue with far greater speed and efficiency than an ordinary human. Deadpool is able to heal injuries such as slashes, puncture wounds, bullet wounds, and severe burns within moments. His healing factor is significantly more powerful than his father's and even Wolverine's as he can regrow missing limbs and organs and has survived blades through his brain on several occasions. His head or any other limb can be reattached using this ability, but has to be placed in the proper place.
- Disease Immunity: The unique regenerative qualities of Deadpool's healing factor also extends to his Immune System, rendering him immune to the effects of all known diseases and infections.
- Retarded Aging: Deadpool's healing factor provides him with an extended lifespan by slowing the effects of the aging process to an unknown degree.
- Telepathic Resistance: The healing factor causes his brain cells to be in a constant state of flux and regeneration, rendering him virtually immune to psychics.
- Enhanced Strength: Deadpool possesses great, though not unnatural, physical strength. However, he does have at least the strength of an Olympic level weightlifter. He is capable of lifting at least 420 lbs but no more than 800 lbs.
- Superhuman Stamina: Deadpool's musculature generates considerably less fatigue toxins than the muscles of an ordinary human being, granting him superhuman levels of stamina in all physical activities. He can physically exert himself at peak capacity for several days before fatigue begins to impair him.
- Superhuman Agility: Deadpool's agility, balance, and bodily coordination are enhanced to levels that are beyond the natural physical limits of even the finest human athlete.
- Superhuman Reflexes: His reflexes are similarly enhanced, superior to those of even the finest human athlete.
Master Martial Artist: Deadpool is an extraordinary hand-to-hand combatant and is a master in multiple unarmed combat techniques. He has been shown fighting such amazingly skilled fighters as Wolverine and Taskmaster and even defeating them in hand to hand combat.
Master Assassin: He is a master of assassination techniques, espionage methods, covert operations, infiltration methods, escape artistry, marksmanship, and is highly skilled with many bladed weapons (frequently carrying two swords strapped to his back), and a number of other weapons including firearms.
Skilled Linguist: He is fluent in Japanese, German, Spanish, Russian, Pashto, Urdu among other languages.
Mental state:: His healing abilities render his brain unreadable to telepaths, but it's constant healing of it also makes him prone to violent outbursts without the slightest provocation, at least against those he knows could handle them.
Annoying: Wade's mental state has also proven to make him a very irritating person to be around. Many heroes often find themselves at wits end around him, this makes for poor ability to cooperate with him in team effots.
Deadpool wears a uniform made from 9-ply Kevlar (able to withstand ballistic impact up to .45 caliber bullets) and has utilized different teleportation devices to whisk him out of (and occasionally into) danger.
Deadpool employs any number of weapons depending on his current assignment. Most often, Deadpool uses guns, grenades, sais, knives, and katanas. Wade claims he can use any weapon known to man and learn how to use the weapon in less than 5 minutes. Wade is mainly seen using a gun.
Personality and traits
- "I'm sorry, I, uh... I ate a lot of sugar today."
- ―Wade Wilson