- "What this situation needs is a woman's touch."
Selina Kyle (also known as Catwoman) was a professional thief, vigilante and later the executive of the Wayne Foundation.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
Expert Combatant: Selina was trained in martial arts, boxing and street-fighting by Wildcat. She was a dangerous, clever and resourceful fighter, and became known for her precise, agile attacks and speedy getaways. Her formidable hand-to-hand combat skills were augmented by her cat-like speed, reflexes, balance, and flexibility. Catwoman also mastered Dragon Style Kung Fu and Karate. Her skills were good enough to where she was able to fight off and wound Batman.
Peak Athlete Conditioning: In her prime, Selina was a gifted and accomplished athlete with heightened acrobatic prowess.
Stealth: Fittingly, Catwoman was a master thief possessed of unsurpassed stealth and cunning. An expert at both low and high-tech heists, she was Gotham's finest cat-burglar at her peak.
Mistress of Disguises: To pull off her many capers, Catwoman resorted to disguises and aliases. She once posed as an old lady in order to steal a valuable piece of jewelry while on a cruise ship.
- Costume: The skintight costume featured retractable razor-sharp claws in her gloves and spring-action climbing pitons in her boots. Catwoman's costume was designed to give her maximum flexibility and movement while providing her some protection, anonymity, and stealth. Her mask covered her features, keeping her from instant recognition in her civilian identity. The material was a thick insulating leather, which protected her from cold and wet and was also fire retardant. Her first costume provided little damage protection from weapons or blows however.
Catwoman occasionally used a motorcycle for long-distance transportation, but generally preferred rooftop prowling for short distances.
- Claws: Catwoman's gloves and boots contained special retractable claws which were formed of a strong steel which extended from and retracted into her gloved fingertips and boots when she triggered pressure switches. They could shred a bullet-proof vest, punch through an aluminum frame car door, or dig into porous surfaces to climb.
- Whip: Catwoman was highly proficient in the use of the bullwhip. She employed a 12 foot long, black leather braided bullwhip which was normally carried on her person either in her boot or in a small backpack.
Personality and traitsEdit
- "A long time ago, before I put on this mask, I was afraid of everything."
- ―Selina Kyle