March 31, 1992
The Cat, Catwoman
- "That's part of the rule. Never quit. Never let them see you're afraid. Above all -- never let them see you're hurt. Never let them see you cry. Never."
Selina Kyle (also known as Catwoman) was a professional thief and girlfriend of Bruce Wayne.
Season 1 (Batman)
Personality and traits
- "A long time ago, before I put on this mask, I was afraid of everything."
- ―Selina Kyle
Powers and Abilities
Expert Combatant: Selina was trained in martial arts and in boxing and street-fighting by Wildcat. She was a dangerous, clever and resourceful fighter, known for precise, agile attacks and speedy getaways. Her formidable hand-to-hand combat skills were augmented by her cat-like speed, reflexes, balance, and flexibility. Catwoman had also mastered Dragon Style Kung Fu and Karate. Her skills were good enough to where she had fought off Batman, wounded him, and occasionally defeated him.
Peak Athlete Conditioning: Selina was a gifted and accomplished athlete, with heightened acrobatic prowess.
Stealth: Fittingly, Catwoman was a master thief possessed of unsurpassed stealth and cunning. An expert at both low- and high-tech heists, she was Gotham City's finest cat-burglar.
Mistress of Disguises: To pull off her many capers, Catwoman resorts to disguises and aliases. She once posed as an old lady in order to steal a valuable piece of jewelry while on a cruise ship.
- Costume: The skintight costume features retractable razor-sharp claws in her gloves and spring-action climbing pitons in her boots.
Catwoman's costume was designed to give her maximum flexibility and movement while providing her some protection, anonymity, and stealth. Her mask covered her features, keeping her from instant recognition in her civilian identity. The material was a thick insulating cloth, protecting her from cold and wet, while being fire retardant. It provides little damage protection from weapons or blows however.
Catwoman occasionally used a motorcycle for long-distance transportation, but generally prefers rooftop prowling for short distances.
- Claws: Catwoman's gloves and boots contain special retractable claws which were formed of a strong steel which extend from and retract into her gloved fingertips and boots when she triggers pressure switches. They could shred a bullet-proof vest, punch through an aluminum frame car door, or dig into porous surfaces to climb.
- Whip: Catwoman was highly proficient in the use of the bullwhip. She employed a 12 foot long, black leather braided bullwhip which was normally carried on her person either in her boot or in a small backpack.
Notes and references